The Clew Bay Hotel was established in 1959, by Brian & Bríd Ruddy. They built it up together until 1978 when Brian passed away suddenly. Bríd however continued to run and build the business. She then semi retired in 1995 when her daughter Maria & her husband Darren Madden, took over the business. They then proceeded with a 10 year redevelopment and refurbishment plan which was completed in 2004.
Today Darren & Maria’s vision is to build on their reputation of having an excellent establishment with the emphasis on a friendly atmosphere and genuine welcome.